Friday 16 January 2015

Hi I'm Linda

Welcome to my blog. The theme of my blogs are about change and how I view change and apply it to my business and my life.

Life doesn't stand still. We are all in a state of change. Some of my clients come to see me because they feel stuck but even then change is happening.

There are lots of theories of change. Some are helpful especially if you are a theorist, a researcher or like to understand change. These theories also help me  to make sense of what a person is saying. As a therapist these theories are certainly useful when I am looking for research and evidence to help with my practice. But I am not going to talk about theories. You can find all that in a book and on the web.

I'm gong to start by writing about metaphors because I find that they help some people to understand the stages of change more easily.  This then helps them to go on and make the changes that they want to make. I just empower people to find a way to do the things that they want to do.

Looking at change in this way gives people hope and an awareness that doing the same and being unhappy isn't an option. I think it's as much about removing the resistors to change as driving change.

So I will leave you with this thought. If you believe that you are sitting still reading this blog think again... are you changing?


No comments:

Post a Comment