Wednesday 4 February 2015


Change expressed in metaphors

A metaphor is a figure of speech or a symbol that gives richness to our vocabulary. Metaphors can be categorised  and discussed at length but I am mainly interested in the metaphors that people use when they want to explain their problem and are looking for change.

Some metaphors about change express change through the environment, some through the weather and many more related at all areas of life. Here are some examples of metaphors that I hear that tell me someone is thinking about change.

Its the season of change
I'm in the driving seat
I feel like I am being dragged along...
I feel like I am climbing a mountain.
It's and uphill journey...
I'm on a roller coaster...

From today I wonder how many ways of expressing change you might notice? How many metaphors of change can you add to my list?

Regards
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment